I. General Rules
Article 1 The following measures are formulated in accordance with the Regulations of the State on Science and Technology Awards of the State Council and the Administrative Measures on the Establishment of Science and Technology Awards by Social Forces of the Ministry of Science and Technology and in light of the actual situation of the development of intelligent science and technology in China.
Article 2 To reward units and individuals that have made outstanding contributions in intelligent science and technology activities， to arouse the enthusiasm and creativity of intelligent science and technology workers and promote the development in the field of AI. According to the announcement of the state science and technology awards office (no. 0128), the Chinese Association for Artificial Intelligence (hereinafter referred to as the CAAI) has established the "Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Award" (hereinafter referred to as the “Wu Wenjun Intelligent Science and Technology Award”) .
Article 3 Wu Wenjun Intelligent Science and Technology Award shall follow the principle of respecting knowledge, talents and creation, follow the principle of combining spiritual reward with material reward, and give priority to spiritual reward with material reward as a supplement. Award funds by enterprises and other social organizations or individuals sponsored.
Article 4 Wu Wenjun Intelligent Science and Technology Award is open to the whole society. All units, organizations or individuals involved in scientific and technological achievements in the field of intelligent science and technology can apply for it.
Article 5 The recommendation, evaluation and award of Wu Wenjun Intelligent Science and Technology Award shall be conducted in an open, fair and just manner, free from interference by any organization or individual.
Article 6 According to the annual award application, experts and scholars in the fields of intelligence, information and related fields shall be invited to form the " Wu Wenjun Intelligent Science and Technology Award Review Committee" (hereinafter referred to as "review committee") of the current year to be responsible for the review of the of the award in the current year. The “review committee” is organized by the office of the Wu Wenjun Intelligence Technology Award (" award office ").
Article 7 Responsibilities of the review committee:
(1)to be responsible for the assessment of the Wu Wenjun Intelligent Science and Technology Award；
(2)to report the evaluation results to the executive council of the CAAI.
(3) to deal with relevant problems arising from the review;
(4) to put forward advisory opinions and suggestions on improving Wu Wenjun Intelligent Science and Technology Award;
Notice 8 The review committee should meet the following requirements:
(1) love science and technology award work, and can participate in the award evaluation and related activities on time;
(2) have profound professional knowledge, being familiar with the development trends of intelligent science and technology at home and abroad, and have the professional title or equivalent position above senior level.
(3) outstanding achievements in the application of intelligent robots and intelligent systems in various fields of national economy, social development and national security;
(4) have a fair, practical and realistic, serious and responsible good professional ethics, good health, have the ability to participate in the whole process of the review meeting.
The review committee shall be composed of 11 members, including 1 chairman and 2 vice-chairmen. The chairman of the committee shall be nominated by the chairman of the CAAI and appointed by the chairman after more than half of the members of the review committee’s agreement. The vice-chairmen shall be nominated by the chairmen and appointed by the chairmen with the consent of more than half of the members of the review and adjudication committee. The members of the review committee are selected from the expert database each year and are different from at least half of the experts in the previous year.
Notice 9 The awards office is responsible for the day-to-day work of the Wu Wenjun Intelligent Science and Technology Award. It includes: organizing the application of prize evaluation, registering and reviewing the application materials; selecting members of the review committee from the expert database and report to the President of the CAAI for approval; review the work of the conference; to collect the objections to the evaluation and handling opinions; to manage the incentive funds, report the income and expenditure of the incentive funds to the executive council of the CAAI and donors every year, and accept the audit of relevant parties; and other awards related matters assigned by the academy. The operating expenses of the award office include: award bonus, expert evaluation fee, news publicity fee, office expenses related to the declaration and full-time office staff salary, etc. The operating expenses of the award office shall be coordinated by the CAAI.
III. Scope of awards and evaluation criteria
Notice 10 The scope of the Wu Wenjun Intelligent Science and Technology Award:
(1) to make outstanding contributions to promoting the development of intelligent scientific theories, intelligent construction and innovative technologies in China;
(2) outstanding achievements in the application of intelligent robots and intelligent systems in various fields of national economy, social development and national security;
(3) those who have long been committed to promoting the progress of national intelligent science and technology, have made great contributions and have achieved internationally recognized academic achievements of high standards;
(4) discovering or clarifying the characteristics and laws of natural phenomena in the field of basic research in intelligent science or applied basic research, having important scientific value and obtaining scientific research achievements recognized by the scientific community;
(5) to be forward-looking, frontier and innovative in intelligent science strategies, policies, plans, standards, information and popular science; to make major breakthroughs in science and technology and to be at the advanced level in practice and application at home and abroad.
Notice 11 Wu Wenjun Intelligent Science and Technology Award shall be reviewed and awarded once a year. Among them, achievement awards and innovation awards mainly award individual, progress award main award project.
No more than one recipient of the achievement awards each year. Such award is awarded to scientific and technological workers who have discovered or clarified the characteristics and laws of natural phenomena in the field of basic research of intelligent science or applied basic research, and have made major theoretical innovations in continuity, multiple aspects and systematicness. Or a person who has long been committed to promoting the progress of national intelligent science and technology, and has made brilliant contributions, and has achieved a number of internationally recognized high-level academic achievements in history.
Innovation award and progress award have first prize, second prize and third prize respectively.
The first prize is awarded to the project that has significant innovation in intelligent science and technology, is of great technical difficulty, and the overall technical level and major technical and economic indicators have reached the international advanced level, has been widely applied, and has achieved significant environmental benefits, and has great significance and role in promoting economic development and social progress. Or the awarding of soft science research projects with great technical difficulty and workload, high theoretical, academic level and innovative characteristics, which play a key role in promoting the reform of intelligent scientific management and the development of intelligent science and technology, and achieve significant social and environmental benefits.
The second prize is awarded to the project that has great innovation in intelligent science and technology, great technical difficulty, and the overall technical level and main technical and economic indicators have reached the leading level in China, which has been applied in a wide range and achieved significant environmental benefits, and has great significance and role in promoting economic development and social progress. Or grant the soft science research projects with great technical difficulty and heavy workload, innovation in intelligent scientific management in China, important role in promoting the modernization of intelligent science and technology development and leading scientific decision-making, and great social and environmental benefits.
The third prize is awarded to the project that has innovation in intelligent science and technology, is of great technical difficulty, and the overall technical level and main technical and economic indicators have reached the advanced level in China, and has achieved great benefits in intelligent science and technology, and has played a great role in promoting economic development and social progress. Or grant the soft science research project with great technical difficulty and heavy workload, which is forward-looking and feasible in combination with the actual intelligent scientific management in China, and plays a significant role in promoting the modernization of intelligent scientific management and leading scientific decision-making, and achieving greater social and economic benefits.
IV．Recommendation and review of the reward project.
Notice 12 The evaluation procedure of Wu Wenjun Intelligence Technology Award should be immobilized and standardized. In principle, this year's award of work to be before the end of last year December, by the CAAI, issued declaration notice, organization expert evaluation, for the winning project of the public. Before the end of this year, the state office for science and technology awards, the China Association for Science and Technology and the Chinese Association for Artificial Intelligence will simultaneously announce the winning projects and hold the awarding conference.
Notice 13 The candidate or candidate results of the Wu Wenjun Intelligent Science and Technology Award are recommended by the following units, institutions or individuals: institutions of higher learning and research institutes engaged in intelligent science and technology research; Enterprises and institutions engaged in developing, production, application and promotion of intelligent science and technology; local AI association; Professional committee and working committee of the CAAI; one academician related to the application content of the Chinese academy of sciences, three executive directors or one member of the CAAI.
Notice 14 The candidate achievements of Wu Wenjun Intelligent Science and Technology Award for innovation and progress must meet the provisions of article 10 of these measures, and after the scientific and technological achievements have been appraised, accepted or patented by the competent department or relevant institution, they must be applied for more than one year, and must meet one of the following conditions:
(1) for the research results of intelligent products or technologies, the production tests must be completed;
(2) if the product can be used as a commodity, it must reach the level of mass production;
(3) the results of soft science research must be accepted by the departments using them and applied to decision-making and management practices;
(4) for basic research and applied basic research results, research papers or monographs must be published in domestic core journals (or foreign public journals).
Notice 15 Those who have objections to the projects and achievements under study shall not be recommended as candidates; In principle, those who have won national or provincial science and technology awards shall not be recommended as candidates for innovation awards or progress awards, and those who have applied for achievement awards shall not be subject to this restriction.
Notice 16 The recommendation letter of Wu Wenjun Intelligent Science and Technology award (see the attachment) (hereinafter referred to as "recommendation letter") shall be filled in the Recommendation Letter of Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Award according to the prescribed format and content.
The recommended materials include recommendation letters, technical evaluation certificates (referring to papers published in authoritative journals at home and abroad, certificates of evaluation, acceptance and evaluation of scientific and technological achievements, patent certificates, novelty reports, financial statements or sales contracts, test reports and statutory approval documents, etc.), references or application certificates, etc. The recommended materials shall be bound in triplicate, one of which shall be the original materials with the seal of the recommending unit or institution. The relevant technical data (research or development report, etc.) shall be in triplicate and bound in bound volumes.
Notice 17 The candidate of Wu Wenjun Intelligent Science and Technology Award shall be the main unit that provides technology, equipment and personnel in the process of project invention, development, production, application and promotion, and plays the role of organization, management and coordination for the completion of the project.
Government departments at all levels, members of the review committee and staff of the awards office shall not be candidates or candidates for the Wu Wenjun Intelligent Science and Technology award.
Notice 18 Reward projects and individual recommendation units shall be responsible for the preliminary review of the recommended projects and individuals, and report the qualified projects to the reward office. The content of preliminary examination is as follows:
(1) whether the recommended items conform to the relevant provisions of these measures;
(2) whether the recommendation letter meets the requirements of the instructions and whether the attachments are complete;
(3) Whether the content of the recommendation is true or not.
Notice 19 Projects, candidates and candidate units that have not been awarded after evaluation may be re-recommended in accordance with the relevant procedures of these measures if their projects have made new substantial progress in subsequent research and development activities and meet the conditions prescribed in these measures.
Notice 20 The reward office is responsible for the review of project documents. The formal review mainly includes:
(1) the relevant materials and attachments of the project declaration are complete, printed and bound into a book;
(2) the scope of awards, recommending units, recommending conditions and recommending procedures shall meet relevant requirements;
(3) the title of the declaration is consistent with the content of the declaration;
(4) major completion units, major completion qualifications, ranking and quantity shall meet the requirements;
(5) the technical content and calculation of benefits of the declared project are scientific and reasonable;
(6) the declared project has completed the achievement registration in the reward office of the CAAI.
(7) the project applied for has not won the national, provincial and ministerial science and technology awards; Projects that have received state-recognized social awards may apply for the Wu Wenjun Intelligent Science and Technology Award (achievement award applications are not subject to this restriction);
(8) the technical certificate documents of the applied project are complete, and the project shall be appraised, accepted, reviewed or applied for more than one year (including one year) after obtaining the patent.
Notice 21 The evaluation of the project of the Wu Wenjun Intelligent Science and Technology Award.
After the application project passes the formal examination, the review committee shall divide it into professional groups for review, and the results shall be submitted to the meeting of all review committee members for review.
For each application, the director of the review and adjudication board shall, with the consent of the review and adjudication board member, designate one or more review and adjudication board members as his/her presiding judge and one or more review and adjudication board members as his/her deputy presiding judge.
According to the nature of each declared project, the evaluation committee will evaluate the declared project according to the evaluation index of intelligent technology research project and intelligent science research project, and the review committee will vote to determine the winning project and its award level.
When reviewing a project, the review committee shall ensure that more than two-thirds (including two-thirds) of all the members attend the meeting and vote on it. The meeting shall adopt the system of one person one vote and determine the winners or items by secret ballot.
Generally, the jury consists of 11 experts (no less than 9 in special cases), including 1 director and 2 deputy directors. The jury consists of an appropriate number of overseas scholars.
(1) evaluation indexes of intelligent science and technology awards research projects:
1. Level of intelligent technology innovation;
2. Difficulty or complexity of the project;
3. The advanced degree of the main intelligent technical and economic indicators;
4. Overall intelligent technology level;
5. Economic benefits achieved and the input-output ratio;
6. Social and economic benefits;
7. Development prospects and potential benefits;
8. Degree of transformation, application and promotion;
9. The role of industrial structure optimization and upgrading or technology leapfrogging;
10. The role of intelligent science and technology in promoting progress.
(2) evaluation indexes of intelligent soft science research projects:
1. Innovation of viewpoints, methods and theories;
2. The degree of difficulty or complexity of the work;
3. The function and influence of scientific intelligent decision-making and modernization of social management;
4. The scientific value and significance of the research results;
5. Degree of research results transformation and popularization;
6. The social and economic benefits achieved;
7. Investment scale and benefits of intelligent scientific research projects;
8. Development prospects and potential benefits.
Notice 22 Candidates of Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Achievements Award
and Wu Wenjun Atificial Intelligence Science and Technology Innovation award first prize, with more than two-thirds (including) of votes for the winner. Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligent Science and Technology Progress Award candidate project, won more than two-thirds (including) for winning the project. In addition to the achievement award, the second - and third-prize candidates and candidate projects shall be approved by more than half (not including half) of the voting panel members before they take effect.
Notice 23 The person who participated in the evaluation of the awards in that year shall not be a member of the evaluation committee, and the member who participated in the evaluation of the project shall not be the chief judge or deputy chief judge of the project.
Each member of the review committee and the staff of the award office shall keep strictly confidential the technical content, intellectual property rights and evaluation of the projects completed by the candidates and the candidate units. If any unauthorized disclosure of review information causes serious consequences, the party concerned shall be further investigated for disciplinary violations.
Notice 24 The annual start time of Wu Wenjun's Artificial Intelligent Science and Technology Award is the end of last year's award ceremony, and the evaluation meeting will be formally organized in the current year, including notification application, form review, network initial evaluation, expert initial evaluation, on-site defense, jury final evaluation, result publicity and award ceremony.
Notice 25 In principle, there is no limit on the number of award winners and the number of awarded units. The number of first prizes shall not exceed 5% of the total number of declared projects, the number of second prizes shall not exceed 15% of the total number of declared projects, and the number of third prizes shall not exceed 20% of the total number of declared projects.
V. objection and settlement
Notice 26 Wu Wenjun Intelligent Science and Technology Awards to implement the first prize after the objection process. The winning projects reviewed and approved by the review committee are posted on the website of the office of state science and technology awards, the website of the China association for Science and Technology, and the website of the CAAI.
Notice 27 The objection acceptance period shall be 30 days from the date of the public announcement of the evaluation results. Any unit or individual that has objection to the announced project shall submit the objection to the award office within the objection period. If the objection is not settled within 30 days, it shall be approved by the CAAI and shall not be treated as the award project this year.
Notice 28 The unit or individual that raises objection must use written form, write clearly the real name of the person that raise objection, working unit, contact address, postal code and contact telephone number. Those who raise objections in the name of the organization must affix the official seal of the unit. Dissent paper material is sent in duplicate to award office.
Notice 29 If there is any objection involving the candidate of the recommended project and the candidate unit, it shall be handled by the recommending unit of the project, and the handling opinion shall be submitted to the review and adjudication committee for examination and approval.
In case of any objection on whether the recommended project meets the requirements for Wu Wenjun's Intelligent Science and Technology Award, the unit recommending the project shall put forward an opinion, which shall be reported to the evaluation committee for confirmation or the review committee shall convene relevant experts for examination and confirmation if necessary. If there is any objection to the grade of the recommended project, it shall not be accepted. For the projects with major objections, the award office will organize the relevant judges to conduct the defense or field assessment of the winning projects. If necessary, it shall be submitted to the standing council of the CAAI for adjudication.
After the end of the objection handling period, the award office will submit the name, award grade and the participating units and personnel of the projects that have no objection or have objection but retain after the objection handling, to the Chinese association for Artificial Intelligence for examination and approval. After the approval, these projects for this year's Wu Wenjun Intelligent Science and Technology Award winning projects announced to the community.
VI. Award prizes.
Notice 30 For the major completion units and individuals who have won the Wu Wenjun Intelligent Science and Technology Award in the current year, the CAAI and the Wu Wenjun Intelligent Science and Technology Award review committee will issue certificates and prizes. In principle, the award ceremony and bonus payment should be completed within this year.
Notice 31 Wu Wenjun Intelligent Science and Technology Award is an honor granted to citizens or organizations. The award certificate is not used as a direct basis to determine the ownership of scientific and technological achievements.
Notice 32 If the project is confirmed to be canceled by the review committee after objection handling, the objection handling period is not completed, and the project is not awarded with the approval of the standing council of the CAAI, it will not be awarded.
VII. Supplementary provisions
Notice 33 When the CAAI recommends the projects of the state science and technology award, the evaluation committee of Wu Wenjun's Intelligent Science and Technology Award shall recommend the winning projects which have won Wu Wenjun's Technology award.
Notice 34 Anyone who has plagiarized or misappropriated the scientific and technological achievements of others, or defrauded Wu Wenjun Intelligent Science and Technology Award by any other unfair means shall, after verification, revoke the award, recover the certificate and the prize money, and report to the unit and media where the award is applied for, and shall not apply for the Wu Wenjun Intelligence Technology Award within three years.
Notice 35 Those recommending units that provide false materials or assist others to defraud Wu Wenjun Intelligent Science and Technology Awards shall be criticized, suspended or disqualified according to the seriousness of the circumstances.
Notice 36 The interpretation of these measures shall be the responsibility of the Chinese association for artificial intelligence, and shall come into force as of the date of promulgation upon the approval of the 11th standing council of the 6th Chinese association for artificial intelligence on June 24, 2013.