Chapter 1 General
Article 1 To strengthen the management of professional committees, fully mobilize the enthusiasm and creativity of professional committees, clarify tasks, standardize organizational work behavior, and promote the development of CAAI, these measures are formulated according to No. 38  Notice of the Ministry of Civil Affairs of the People's Republic of China on Issues Related to the Implementation of the Decision of the State Council to Cancel the Registration of Administrative Examination and Approval Items of Branches and Representative Offices of National Social Organizations of the Ministry of Civil Affairs of the People's Republic of China, General Principles of Organization of the National Society of the China Association for Science and Technology and the Constitution of the China Association for Artificial Intelligence.
Article 2 The professional committee (Technical Committee, abbreviated TC, hereinafter referred to as the Special Committee) of the Chinese Association for Artificial Intelligence, abbreviated CAAI, hereinafter referred to as the association is based on artificial intelligence and the development needs of research, development and application in the field and is the second-level professional branch established by the association and the main carrier of the academic activities of the association. The Special Committee accepts the direct leadership of the Association.
Article 3 The special committees of the association do not have the qualifications of independent legal persons or have the qualifications and abilities to independently bear civil responsibilities to the outside world. They do not separately formulate regulations, and carry out activities and develop members within the scope authorized by the association. The finance of the special committee is included in the unified management of this committee, and it is not allowed to open basic bank accounts. The financial transactions incurred in various activities such as conferences, exhibitions, and training organized by branches must be included in the unified management of the statutory accounts of the association, and they must not be entered in other units or individual accounts.
Article 4 The names of the special committees shall be preceded by the name of CAAI, and the full name shall be used for activities. The English translation of each special committee shall be consistent with the Chinese name.
Article 5 Branches and representative offices shall not be established under the special committees affiliated with the association.
Chapter 2 Establishment and Application of the Special Committee
Article 6 For the establishment of a new special committee, the affiliated unit shall submit an application for preparation and construction to the organization work committee of the association (hereinafter referred to as the organization work committee) (see Annex 1. Application Form for Preparation and Construction of the Professional Committee Created by CAAI). After the preliminary examination is passed, the organization work committee will organize an expert group to demonstrate and propose whether to agree with the preparation for construction. For the new special committee that agrees to the preparation and construction, the name of the new special committee (preparing) can be used to carry out the preparation and construction work of the special committee according to the work plan set out in the preparatory construction application form approved by the organization. The preparatory construction period is one year. After the preparation and construction work is completed, the preparatory group of the new special committee submits the establishment application to the organization work committee (see Appendix 2. Application Form for the Establishment of the Professional Committee of CAAI). The organization work committee organizes an expert group to verify whether it has reached the formal establishment of the special committee’s request. For those who meet the requirements, the organization work commissioner shall preside over the election of the proposed special committee leadership team. After deliberation and approval by the standing council of the association or the council and reporting to the China Association for Science and Technology, the new special Committee was formally established and started its work normally.
Article 7 Conditions and requirements for applying for the preparatory construction committee:
1. Recognize the Constitution of Chinese Association for Artificial Intelligence;
2. The application for the establishment of a special committee is jointly proposed by a well-known discipline leader and 30 or more intelligent science and technology workers;
3. There is a business scope in line with the articles of CAAI and there is no conflict with the business scope of the existing special committee of CAAI;
4. There is a standard name;
5. Have clear affiliated units, fixed office space and funding sources.
6. Materials to be submitted:
1) Application for the preparation and construction of the new special committee;
2) Certificate of property right or use right of office;
3) Proof of the source of funds for the activities;
4) Preparatory work plan;
5) Basic information of the main person in charge of the proposed preparatory group and opinions of the personnel department of the unit.
Article 8 Conditions and requirements for applying for the establishment of a special committee:
1. Recognize the Constitution of Chinese Association for Artificial Intelligence;
2. There are well-known discipline leaders and 30 or more intelligent science and technology workers who jointly apply for the establishment of a special committee. During the preparatory period, the number of effective registered paying members has reached at least 200 (among them, student members are no more than 30%);
3. Have the business scope specified in the articles of CAAI;
4. There is a standard name;
5. Have clear affiliated units, fixed office space and funding sources;
6. Materials to be submitted:
1) Application for the establishment of the new special committee;
2） Certificate of property right or use right of the office;
3) Proof of the source of funds for the activities;
4) Election results of the new special committee;
5) Basic information of the proposed principal and opinions of the personnel department of the unit.
Chapter 3 Composition, term change and affiliated units of the special committee
Article 9 The special committee shall establish one director, several deputy directors, and one secretary-general (a number of deputy secretary-generals may be established according to the needs of work advancement), and more than 20 members. The director and deputy director cannot come from the same legal entity. The director and deputy directors must have a clear division of work and be responsible for academic exchanges, membership development, science popularization, youth education, achievement transformation, and activities of female science and technology workers. The secretary-general presides over the daily work of the special committee, and major issues are discussed and decided by the committee. The special committee can set up an office to support daily work.
1. The director of the special committee shall be the academic leader in the academic field of the special committee, with strong influence and appeal, enthusiasm for the work of the special committee, strong sense of responsibility and organizational ability;
2. In principle, the director of the special committee shall not be the director of other special committees of the association at the same time.
3. The composition of members of the special committee should increase the proportion of young and middle-aged experts with certain achievements in relevant fields (no less than 50% of young experts under the age of 45), taking into account the proportion between regions and units (the number of members from the same unit should not exceed 10% of the total number of members). The number of valid registered members of the special committee shall be at least 400 (among them, no more than 30% are student members).
4. The special committee may establish a standing committee. The number of members of the standing committee shall be determined by the plenary session of the special committee, but shall not exceed one third of the total number of members. The standing committee shall be elected by the plenary session of the special committee. The chairman, vice chairmen and secretary general of the special committee are standing members.
5. The number of members of the special committee shall not exceed 10% of the number of valid registered paying members. The number of deputy directors of the special committee may be 3-8, and the specific number shall be examined and approved by the organizing committee according to the construction and development of the special committee.
6. The special committee may have an honorary chairman (in principle, a maximum of 1), consultant or honorary member. The honorary chairman, consultant or honorary member shall be nominated by the chairman, and the letter of appointment shall be issued by the chairman after being voted and approved by the plenary meeting of the special committee or the meeting of the standing committee. The honorary chairman, consultant or honorary member may attend the meetings of the special committee without the right to vote, stand for election and vote.
Article 10 The special committee should change the terms on time according to the provisions of CAAI. In principle, the serving age of the director and the deputy director generally should not exceed 70 years old. The term of re-election should not exceed 2 terms with each term for 5 years. Cadres at the level of deputy director and above (practical duty) of the party and government departments, who concurrently serve as the director/deputy directors of the special committee, should be submitted for approval in accordance with the administrative authorities of cadres.
Article 11 New establishment and general election of the special committee.
1. The first term of members of the new special committee are recommended by the sponsors of the special committee and the organizing committee. When changing the terms, the new members of the special committee shall be recommended by the last term of members. The number of new committee members is proposed by the meeting of the directors of the special committee, confirmed by the plenary meeting of the special committee or the standing committee, and reported to the organizing committee for review and approval. The new members should fill out the Registration Form for Members of special committee of CAAI. The special committee would report the registration form to the secretariat of CAAI, and the secretariat would issue the certificates of committee members (including standing committee members) .
2. Organizing committee should arrange the committee members and the current leadership members of the special committee (or setting members of preparatory group of new special committee) to form a leading group on election work of the special committee. The current director of the special committee (or the setting principal of the new special committee) shall serve as the group leader.
3. The director, deputy director and the secretary general are elected by the committee (the secretary general of the special committee is elected after after the nomination of the director).As to the special committee with standing committee, the directors, deputy directors and the secretary general could be elected by the standing committee and determined by the election leading group in accordance with the actual situation of the special committee.
4. The election leading group nominates candidates for the next term of director, deputy director of the special committee and members of the standing committee (conducting differential election for all of them).When 5 committee members recommend the same person and with the consent of him, the referee can be the formal candidate. The election work plan of the special committee should be submitted to the organizing committee 2 months before the general assembly, including:
1) The list and resume of the candidates of director, deputy director and members of the standing committee.
2) Registration Form of the Proposed Principal of ××× special committee of CAAI.
3) Recommendation Form of the Proposed Principal of ××× special committee of CAAI. (Every proposed candidate shall fill in 1 copy with a seal of the personnel department of his unit. Cadres at the deputy ministerial level and above of the party and government departments who want to assume the above-mentioned position must submit the approval documents from the Organization Department of the Central Committee. The main principal of local party and government departments who want to assume the above-mentioned position need to submit the approval documents from the organization department at the same level).
4) The draft and revision notes of Administrative Measures of Special Committee which are proposed for asking for the consideration of the assembly.
5) The work report and the financial report which are proposed for asking for the consideration of the assembly.
6) Main agenda of the assembly.
7) Suggestions of the affiliated unit.
8) Other explaining materials.
5. The organizing committee is responsible for examining the qualifications of the participants and the candidates.
6. After the censorship and approval of the election work plan by the organizing committee, the special committee shall inform the organizing committee to appoint the host and the scrutineers of the election meeting.
7. Within 15 working days after the election meeting, the relevant record materials such as the minutes of the general assembly, the press release and the original ballot papers should be submitted to the Secretariat of CAAI. The election results will be formally effective after reported to the Secretariat and put on records, and the Secretariat will issue and produce the letter of appointment.
Article 12 Any changes of the principals within the terms should be reported to the organizing committee for consideration and approval before the change.
Article 14 The affiliated unit of the special committee shall be a unit with independent legal personality or a subordinate unit authorized by the independent legal personality. It shall have great domestic influence in this field, provide support and guarantee to the staff, office space and funds of the attached committee and effectively supervise and manage the work of the special committee at the same time.
Chapter 4 Functions and tasks of the special committee
Article 15 The special committee of CAAI must abide by Regulation of Chinese Association for Artificial Intelligence, adhering to the work orientation of "three services and one strengthening", continuously improving the ability of service innovation, serving the society and government, serving members and scientific and technological workers, and strengthening the ability of self-development, and carry out activities around the central work, functions and tasks assigned by CAAI. The functions and tasks of the special committee are as follows:
（1） Actively participating in and supporting the central work of CAAI. Participating in working meetings and related activities organized by CAAI as required, and complete the tasks of annual work plan arranged by CAAI.
（2） Organizing and carrying out academic exchanges, science popularization and other related activities in this field. In principle, at least one meeting of all members of the special committee and "Member Day" activities, academic and technical exchanges, science popularization and other activities shall be held every year. When organizing activities, CAAI serves as the organizer and the special committee as the undertaker.
（3） Promoting the discipline construction and professional construction of colleges and universities around the subject of artificial intelligence.
（4） Contacting universities, scientific research institutes and enterprises in this field to carry out production-university-research cooperation.
（5） Recommending excellent scientific and technological achievements, excellent academic papers, excellent scientific and technological talents, and preparing discipline development reports and white papers in this field.
（6） Actively participating in and supporting the construction of journals sponsored by CAAI and Communication of Chinese Association for Artificial Intelligence, and organize to write contributions in this professional field no less than twice a year.
（7） Actively organizing members to recommend excellent achievements to Wu Wenjun AI Science & Technology Award.
（8） Developing and urging members to pay fees in accordance with the articles of CAAI or within the scope authorized by the Council or Standing Council.
（9） Reflecting the opinions, demands and suggestions of scientific and technological workers in this field.
Chapter 5 Management of the special committee
Article 17 Under the leadership of the special committee, CAAI shall have the right to independently carry out academic activities and other relevant activities within the scope of authority specified in the Regulation of Chinese Association for Artificial Intelligence, and shall be obliged to accept the supervision and management of CAAI and affiliated units.
Article 18 The special committee shall submit the work summary of the current year and the work plan of the next year to the Secretariat before November 10 of each year. If an unplanned event is held, it shall be reported to the Secretariat or filing two months in advance. Failure to submit in time will affect the assessment and evaluation of CAAI.
Article 19 All kinds of activities organized by the special committee shall submit the summary of activities and the collection of papers (including paper documents, electronic documents and photos) to the Secretariat of CAAI , within 15 days after the end of the activities.
Article 20 The working funds of the special committee shall be settled by itself. The working fund sources of CAAI include: the support of affiliated units, the income from providing paid services, the sponsorship of relevant units, etc. The membership fees paid by the members of the special committee will be returned to the special committee as working expenses in a certain proportion. The financial accounts of the special committee shall be incorporated into the Secretariat of CAAI for unified management, and the financial management regulations of Chinese Association for Artificial Intelligence (for Trial Implementation) shall be implemented.
Chapter Six Change and Revocation of the Technical Committee
Plenary session of Technical Committee (TC) is entitled to make motions concerning changing TC’s name or merging with other TC. To change the name, the application document should be passed to Working Committee for approval. The document, after being approved, will be passed to the CAAI Standing Council (or Council) for further deliberation and approval. If all passed, the name will be recorded by China Association of Science and Technology. Renamed TC still maintain original structure while the merged ones follow the instructions of new organization. If the renaming or merging motions are not approved, involved TCs should continue operating as before.
In plenary session, if more than two thirds of the committee member agree to revoke or reorganize TC, this motion will be handed over to CAAI Working Committee for deliberation and, if passed, will be eventually given to CAAI Standing Council or Council for further deliberation and approval.
According to the principle of “elimination of the under-performing”, CAAI will make adjustments to TCs. Any TC that organizes events in violation of laws and regulations will, depending on the circumstances, be either verbally warned or be mandated to rectify, replace people in charge, suspend current events and get reorganized or revoked. With regard to TCs coincide with circumstances listed below, CAAI Working Committee will bring forth revoking or reorganizing motions which will be reported to CAAI Standing Council or Council for deliberation and approval.
(I) Two consecutive failures to pass CAAI annual assessment.
(II) The number of TC members fails to reach the minimum stipulated number.
(III) Violations against CAAI articles, regulations, and decisions of Standing Council and Council.
(IV) TC’s research field is deviant from intelligent subject, or lacks enough requirement of development, or is completely overlapped by other TC’s research field.
The revoking-or-reorganizing motions, if made by CAAI Working Committee, should be handed over to involved TC in the form of written notice. If TC has any disagreement, appeal within 30 days after receiving the notice is acceptable.
CAAI Standing Council or Council will deliberate revoking or reorganizing motions and make final decisions. The revoking motions approved by Standing Council or Council will be recorded by China Association of Science and Technology. As long as the revoking decision is approved by Standing Council or Council, concerning TC should at once stop any event and send back certificate to CAAI Working Committee. CAAI Working Committee will start to reorganize after the Standing Council or Council approves the reorganizing decision.
Chapter Seven Supplementary Provisions
CAAI is in charge of the interpretation of this management approach.
This management approach will enter into force as of the date of publication.