In order to further study and implement Xi Jinping's new socialist ideology with Chinese characteristics, face the world's leading edge in science and technology, face the main battlefield of the economy, face the major needs of the state, and face the health of the people, we will thoroughly implement the strategy of invigorating China through science and education, the strategy of invigorating China through talents, and the strategy of innovation driven development, so as to arouse the enthusiasm of female scientists and technicians in their innovation and entrepreneurship, and vigorously carry forward the new age scientists. According to the spirit of Document No. 29  issued by the science and Technology Association, the China Artificial Intelligence Association (CAAI) is now carrying out the work of recommending candidates for the 17th Chinese Young Female Scientist Award and the 2020 Future Female Scientist Project. Relevant matters are notified as follows:
I. The 17th Chinese Young Female Scientist Award
1. Scope and conditions of recommendation
(1) Chinese Young Female Scientist Award
a. Resolutely safeguarding the core of the CPC Central Committee of General Secretary Xi Jinping and the core status of the whole Party, firmly upholding the authority and centralized and unified leadership of the CPC Central Committee, preserving the Party's line, principles and policies, abiding by discipline and law, and practicing the scientific spirit of the new era featuring "patriotism, innovation, practicality, dedication, coordination and education".
b. Young science and technology leading talents who have made great discoveries and achievements in basic science, life science, computer and information field (excluding confidential fields), with special emphasis on recommending leading talents in the innovation team.
c. Chinese female science and technology workers not more than 45 years of age (born on or after 1 January 1975).
2. Team award
(1) The team leader shall meet the selection requirements of Chinese Young Female Scientists Award, have a stable and reasonable team structure, and have female scientists as the main members.
(2) The team undertakes major scientific research tasks in the fields of national basic science, life science, computer and information (excluding secret-related fields), and achieves great innovative and systematic achievements.
(3) The team has clear research goals and development plans, and has the ability of continuous innovation and good development prospects.
3. Recommendation quota
There are 3 candidates and 1 candidate team.
II. 2020 Future Female Scientists Program
1. Scope and conditions of recommendation
(1) Loving the motherland, abiding by the law, being honest and trustworthy, diligently studying, assiduously researching, showing strong research ability and development potential, with a good style of study and moral quality.
(2) Being engaged in basic science, life science or computer and information research, and those whose research projects involve animals (such as experimental vertebrates) and cosmetics are not included.
(3) Chinese women who are under the age of 35 (born on or after January 1, 1985), currently studying as doctoral candidates or post-doctoral candidates (the candidate's academic or working relationship should be in China, and the doctoral candidates should be full-time doctoral students).
(4) Having scientific research projects to be funded by the program, and the duration of the project research is not less than 12 months after the funding.
2. Recommendation quota
Two candidates will be recommended for this project.
III. Work requirement
1. Each recommended candidate should make it clear either participate in the individual award, team award or the Future Female Scientists Project.
2. Adhere to the principle of "openness, fairness, fairness and selection" to ensure the quality of recommendation.
3. Recommendation of Chinese Young Female Scientists Award should pay attention to the outstanding young women scientific and technological workers who have been working in the front line of scientific research and production for a long time as well as in the hard industries in the western region, pay attention to the scientific and technological services of the recommended candidates in the fields of science popularization, think tanks, poverty alleviation, non-governmental science and technology diplomacy, and pay attention to the candidates of China Association for Science and Technology Youth Talent Promotion project. The achievements listed in the recommendation table should be mainly made in China, and the recommended person (team) should be the main contributor or main completer of the achievements.
4. The research direction of the recommended candidate teams should meet the key development needs of the country and industry, with reasonable structure and good sustainable development and service ability.
5. The recommended candidates for the Future Female Scientists Project should not only pay attention to the achievements and potential of the scientific research work they have undertaken, but also pay attention to the innovation of the projects to be applied for funding.
6. Recommending units, candidates and teams should consciously abide by scientific ethics and academic norms. The recommended materials should be concise, focused, objective, accurate and complete. If the materials are not true or there are other academic misconduct, they will be disqualified according to the procedure. If the candidate or team is complained, the recommending unit and the unit where the candidate or team is located shall conduct investigation and verification, and provide written investigation materials and concluding comments.
7. The materials shall not involve state secrets, and the candidate's unit shall issue a confidentiality examination certificate. Those who violate the confidentiality provisions shall be disqualified from being recommended.
IV. Recommended work procedures
According to the application, CAAI will organize experts to review the materials and recommend them to the China Association for Science and Technology. We will organize the candidates to register and log in with the "candidate registration password", and fill in the materials online, including the recommendation forms and relevant attachment materials.
V. Materials submission
1. Paper materials submission
Please submit the paper materials to the CAAI office before November 30, 2020.
Paper materials include:
(1) Candidate materials of Chinese Young Female Scientist Award
a. 5 copy of “Candidate Recommendation Form of the 17th Chinese Young Female Scientist Award (Nomination).doc” (please do not attach another cover).
b. A copy of attachment materials, including representative papers (no more than 3), main scientific and technological achievements catalogue, technology appraisal, intellectual property, technology application, awards and other relevant supporting materials. The monograph (no more than one) can be attached separately.
c. Confidentiality examination certificate issued by the candidate's unit.
(2) Materials for candidate teams
a. 5 copy of “Candidate Teams Recommendation Form of the 17th Chinese Young Female Scientist Award (Nomination).doc” (please do not attach another cover).
b. One copy of attachment materials, and submit the relevant certification materials of the "main achievements and contributions" column based on “Candidate Teams Recommendation Form of the 17th Chinese Young Female Scientist Award (Nomination).doc”.
c. Submit the confidentiality examination certificate issued by the supporting unit of the candidate team.
(3) Materials of Future Female Scientist Project
a. 5 copy of Candidate Recommendation Form of Future Female Scientists Project (Nomination).doc (please do not attach another cover).
b. For doctoral students, please provide the certificate of study issued by the graduate school, indicating the major and the time of graduation; for post-doctoral students, please provide the doctoral degree certificate and work agreement.
c. Submit the confidentiality examination certificate issued by the candidate's unit (school).
2. Submission of electronic materials
Please submit the materials to CAAI email before November 30, 2020.
Electronic materials include:
1. One copy of word format and one copy of PDF format, and the PDF format is the scanned copy of the original paper material;
2. One copy of other materials in PDF format, and the electronic materials shall be consistent with the paper materials.
VI. Contact us
Please contact：Yu Hui and Zhang Zheng.
Address: Room 122, teaching building 1, Beijing University of Posts and telecommunications, 10 Xitucheng Road, Haidian District, Beijing
1. Candidate Recommendation Form of the 17th Chinese Young Female Scientist Award (Nomination).doc
2. Candidate Teams Recommendation Form of the 17th Chinese Young Female Scientist Award (Nomination).doc
3. Candidate Recommendation Form of Future Female Scientists Project (Nomination).doc