Notice on the nomination of the "Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Award" in 2020 (the second round)
Relevant units and experts:
According to the spirit of the "Plan on Deepening the Reform of the Science and Technology Reward System" (Guoban Letter ﹝2017﹞55), in accordance with the "Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Award Regulations" and its implementation rules, and the "Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Award Nomination System Implementation Measures" (Trial)” (Annex 1) and other relevant regulations, the notice of the nomination work (the second round) of the "Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Award" [National Science and Technology Award No. 0218] of the Chinese Association for Artificial Intelligence in 2020 is now officially released with aims to fully implement the innovation-driven development strategy, and to encourage and guide the majority of scientific researchers to promote the spirit of scientists. Through the selection of outstanding intelligent scientific and technological achievements and industrialization projects, this award will effectively mobilize China’s intelligent technology, enhance the enthusiasm and creativity of leading talents, improve the development level of intelligent science and technology and industrial application, give full play to the role of artificial intelligence technology in various industries, and reward units and individuals who have made outstanding contributions in artificial intelligence scientific research activities. In this way, good service for the majority of intelligent technology workers and all members of CAAI will be ensured. Due to the impact of the 2019-COVID, the time for the Wu Wenjun AI Science and Technology Award application, online filing and paper materials submission was delayed accordingly. The "Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Award" is the highest award in the field of intelligent science and technology in China. It has a prize of 2 million yuan every year and is qualified to nominate and recommend candidates for the National Science and Technology Award. Local artificial intelligence societies, associations (unions), university research institutes (divisions) and artificial intelligence research institutes (colleges) as well as each branch of the institutes, group member units, and scholars and experts in the same field are invited to increase publicity and carefully organize the nomination work. The relevant matters are hereby notified as follows.
I. Requirements for nomination
Nomination for experts
1. Wu Wenjun's Artificial Intelligence Highest Achievement Award
Each winner of Wu Wenjun's Artificial Intelligence Highest Achievement Award can nominate 1 person.
Academicians of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Academicians of the Chinese Academy of Engineering: 2 persons may jointly nominate 1 person.
Fellow of the Chinese Association for Artificial Intelligence: 3 people can jointly nominate 1 person.
2. Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Outstanding Contribution Award, Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Natural Science Award, Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Technology Invention Award, Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Technology Progress Award (including popular science projects, enterprise technology innovation engineering projects), Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Excellent Youth Award, Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Smart special award chip project.
(1) The winner of Wu Wenjun's Artificial Intelligence Highest Achievement Award: each person can nominate 2 items for each award.
(2) Academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Academician of Chinese Academy of Engineering and Member of Chinese Association for Artificial Intelligence: Each person can nominate 2 items for each award.
Chairman or executive director of the Special Committee of the CAAI: Each person can nominate 1 item for each award.
Director of the CAAI: Every 5 people can nominate one prize for each award.
Winner of the National Outstanding Youth Science Fund; Distinguished Professor of "Yangtze River Scholars" of the Ministry of Education; Leading Talents of the National "Ten Thousand-Year Plan"; National Teaching Faculty; National Ten Thousand Talents Talent Project Candidates; National Outstanding Contributions Experts: Each Award can nominate 1 item.
After 2016 and in 2016, the first person who won the Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Outstanding Contribution Award, the Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Natural Science First Prize, the Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Technology Invention First Prize, and the Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Technology Advancement First Prize can nominate one item for each award.
The nominated expert is not more than 70 years old (born after January 1,1950) and the academician is not more than 80 years old (born after January 1,1940) , and winner of the Wu Wenjun Award for the highest achievement in artificial intelligence must be no older than 85(born after January 1,1935) .
The nominated experts each have no more than three Wu Wenjun artificial intelligence science and technology awards nominated independently or jointly with others each year. The person who ranks first in the joint nomination will be the responsible expert. The nominated experts shall be nominated within the scope of the subject area with which they are familiar, and the responsible experts shall be nominated within the subject specialty (Secondary Subject) in which they are engaged. When three or five experts are nominated jointly, there shall not be more than one expert from the same unit as any of the completion of the nominated project.
1. WWJ Outstanding Contribution Award for Artificial Intelligence
The nomination pays attention to the outstanding intelligent science and technology experts who are still working in the front line and have an important role in promoting our country's intelligent technology, economy and social development.
2. WWJ Artificial Intelligence Natural Science Award, WWJ Artificial Intelligence Technology Invention Award and WWJ Artificial Intelligence Technology Progress Award (including popular science projects, enterprise technology innovation engineering projects)
The nomination pays attention to encourage exploration, highlight originality, and insist on selecting the best among the best. In principle, there is no limit to the number of nominations. All institutions should establish a scientific and reasonable selection mechanism to nominate outstanding projects in their disciplines, industries, regions, and departments.
3.WWJ Artificial Intelligence Outstanding Youth Award, Artificial Intelligence Special Award Chip Project
The nomination pays attention to young scientists or team organizations that focus on high academic standards, aim at the world’s technological frontiers, forward-looking basic research and key technical problems, and make major breakthroughs in leading original achievements.
Various local artificial intelligence academies (alliances); national university scientific research institutes, science and technology (results) divisions, including computers, software, automation, electronic information, network communications, intelligent manufacturing and robotics research (institutes), and national key experiments of intelligent science and technology offices, technology research and development (engineering) centers, etc.; Artificial intelligence research institutes (colleges) of universities and so on. Each institution nominates no more than 7 project achievements independently or jointly with other institutions. Academy branches: professional committee, working committee, etc., the number of each institution's annual nomination or joint nomination with other institutions should not exceed 5 project results; The member institutions of the academy (enterprise), each nominating institution shall be nominated independently or jointly with other institutions with no more than 3 project results.
Ⅲ.The scope of the nomination
1. The nomination pays attention to people who make major breakthrough in the research of artificial intelligence basic theory (including big data intelligence, cross-media perception computing, hybrid enhanced intelligence, brain and cognitive science, group intelligence, autonomous collaborative control and optimization decision-making, advanced machine learning, brain-like intelligent computing, quantum intelligent computing, etc.).
2. The nomination pays attention to people who achieve greater application value results in artificial intelligence science and technology research and intelligent product hardware development.
3. The nomination pays attention to people who make achievements in the popularization and promotion of artificial intelligence science and technology and popular science creation.
4. The nomination pays attention to people who have outstanding achievements in artificial intelligence key common technologies (including core algorithms, perception recognition, knowledge calculation, pattern recognition and data mining, machine perception and machine vision, cognitive reasoning, autonomous unmanned systems, human-computer interaction, cross-media analysis and reasoning, virtual realistic intelligent modeling, intelligent computing chips and systems, natural language processing technology, etc.), and are leading the world in the application field.
5. Our country's artificial intelligence enterprises have practical application cases of technological innovation projects, which are the promoters of profound changes for the promotion of the update of the concept of mass innovation and entrepreneurship, institutional innovation, and production management methods.
6. The nomination pays attention to pwho establish artificial intelligence technology standards and service systems, and launch innovative applications in key areas to achieve results.
7. The nomination pays attention to who makes outstanding contributions to promoting our country's intelligent construction and promoting the development of innovative technologies and industrialization.
8. The nomination pays attention to the establishment of artificial intelligence laws and regulations, ethical norms and policy systems, intelligent system evaluation, basic methods for the construction of security and trusted intelligent systems, and other research results and the contributors to artificial intelligence security assessment and control capabilities.
9. The nomination pays attention to build an artificial intelligence innovation platform, including artificial intelligence development tools and basic platforms, and promote the open-sourcing of various general-purpose software and technology platforms to achieve leading technology levels.
(4) Basic conditions for nominating projects (candidates)
The nominated project (candidate) must meet the relevant requirements of the Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Award Regulations and the detailed rules for its implementation, as well as the following conditions:
1. Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Technology Invention Award, Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Technology Progress Award and Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Special Award chip project shall pass the evaluation of scientific and technological achievements (Society appraisal or relevant acceptance report). See the Application Form for Identification of Scientific and Technological Achievements of the Chinese Association for Artificial Intelligence (Attachment 6).
At least two years of overall technology application (more than two years after the completion of the project or acceptance), and at least eight authorized domestic or international invention patents shall be obtained for the technological invention achievements, which proves that advanced technology, stable quality and obvious benefit.
2. The representative papers (monographs) provided by the Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Natural Science Award project should be published for more than two years (before the deadline for nominations and awards for the year). The academic level of basic theoretical research results is in a leading position, and it is in the country. The publication or publication of foreign academic journals is recognized by international and domestic peers, and has guiding significance for the development of disciplines or practical applications.It is encouraged to provide papers or monographs published in domestic journals.
3. The scientific popularization achievements of the Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Progress Award (Popular Science Project) should be proved by a wide range of social effects.
4. The Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Technology Progress Award Enterprise Technology Innovation Project Nominated enterprises can be nominated for this award after 4 years of establishment;In principle, the project achievements independently researched and developed by the enterprise (non national and provincial research subjects) conform to the nomination scope of technological innovation project of the enterprise.
5. The Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Award nomination project has no disputes over the ownership of the achievements, the main completion unit, the main completion person and their order.
6. The nomination and nominated awards shall not be accepted for confidential projects involving national defense and national security and their completers;
For the projects in the field of national defense and national security that have been declassified or unclassified, and the nomination and nomination of the winner, the approval of the superior competent department shall be obtained, and the corresponding declassified or unclassified proof materials shall be provided.
7. Nominees for the Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Excellent Youth Award of the year must be no more than 35 years old on July 31 (born July 31, 1985 and later).
Scientists who have been selected into the national "Young Top Talents", "Ten Thousand Talents Program" leading talents, "(Young) Changjiang Scholars" and scientists who have won the National Natural Science Foundation of China's "Outstanding/Outstanding Young Science Fund" will not be nominated.
8. Projects that have won national, provincial and ministerial awards shall not be nominated repeatedly or nominated for this award.
9. Nomination of annual projects can only nominate one category of Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Award;The same person in the same year can only be regarded as the finisher of one nominated project (including enterprise technical engineering project).
10. For the winners and winners who have been evaluated and given up in the previous year, if they are re declared, the content of new achievements must be more than 50%.
11. Projects listed in national or provincial and ministerial plans and supported by funds shall be nominated after the overall acceptance of the project.
ⅴ. The process of nomination
1. The nomination application
Before the nomination of experts, the responsible nomination expert shall submit an application to CAAI through his own email and send a copy of other nomination experts and project contacts. For the application form, please refer to The Expert Nomination Application of Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Award (Attachment 2) . The title of the email and the attachment shall be “Expert Nomination Application Form- Award Type- Names of All Nominated Experts” .
Before the unit nomination, The Summary Form of Unit Nomination of Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Award (Attachment 3) shall be submitted to CAAI through the email. For the application form, please refer to The Summary Form of Unit Nomination of Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Award (Attachment 3) . The title of the email and the attachment shall be “Unit Nomination Application Form- Nominated Unit Name” .In order to enhance the seriousness of the nomination work, the nominated unit shall affix the common seal of the competent department on the homepage of The Summary Form of Unit Nomination of Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Award , and send the electronic scan of the stamp page to the designated mailbox.
CAAI will reply to the nominees within 3 working days after receiving the application. Anyone who meets the nomination requirements will be sent the online registration portal of nomination system of Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Award through emails for account registration. After the real-name verification, the nominees could log in to the system and fill in the nomination form online.
The deadline for nomination application is July 30, 2020.
2. The nomination notice
The nominating unit shall make a public announcement through the network or in written. Meanwhile, the nominated units and the nominated experts shall instruct the unit where the first person for completing the project is located to make a public announcement. The content of the public announcement shall be in accordance with the requirements of The Nomination Work Manual of Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Award in 2020 (which can be downloaded from our website www.wuwenjunkejijiang.cn). The publicity time shall not be less than 5 working days. Only if there is no objection about the notice or the notice with objections is announced again without objection after the verification, could the program be nominated.
The publicity information shall be uploaded to the online nomination system of Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Award before online filling deadline. The file of the publicity situation of the nominated unit shall be scanned or be screenshot by the principal of the project, and uploaded to the system as an attachment; the nomination of experts shall be announced by the unit of the first person for completing the project; the file of the publicity information shall be scanned or be screenshot by the principal of the project, and uploaded to the system as an attachment.
Ⅱ. The nomination filling requirements
As the nomination form is the main basis for the evaluation of Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Award, the nominated units and the nominated experts shall fill in the form objectively, truthfully, accurately and completely in accordance with the requirements of The Nomination Work Manual of Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Award in 2020 (Attachment 5). The situation of innovation and application emphasizes the objective supporting materials, strengthens the promise of integrity, and increases the strength of spot checks.
Ⅲ. The submission requirements of nomination materials
The nominated units and experts are requested to review the nomination materials of Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Award in 2020.
ⅰ. The nomination of experts
One original paper nomination, with the main piece and the attachment being bound together, is needed and please do not add a cover. The responsible nomination experts shall send it directly or entrust the staff to report it to CAAI office.
ⅱ. The nomination of units
The materials submitted by the nominated units include: (1) One nomination letter, which should include the publicity situation and results of nomination project and The Summary Form of Unit Nomination of Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Award; (2) One original paper nomination with the main piece and the attachment being bound together. It shall be printed in A4 size paper with vertical binding on the left, and the printed method is not limited to single-sided or double-sided. Take “Ⅰ. Basic information of nominees” or “Ⅰ. Basic information (of the project) ” as the homepage, and please do not add a cover.
III. Other information
1. If the nominees of Wu Wenjun AI Highest Achievement award have participated in the research of secret related projects, the unit of the nominees or the relevant confidentiality administrative department with the right to approve the confidentiality level of the project shall issue the declassification Review Certificate of nomination materials and affix the official seal. The declassification examination certificate shall be submitted together with the nomination materials.
IVDeadline for nomination
1Deadline for online filling
In order to ensure the smooth progress of the online nomination work, our office determines the deadline for each nominating unit and nominating experts to fill online. Please cooperate actively. The specific requirements are as follows:
2. For nominated academicians of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chinese Academy of engineering and Chinese Association for Artificial Intelligence, August 20, 2020, 12:00 p.m. is the online filling deadline.
(2) Deadline for paper materials
Please submit the full paper materials of the nomination of Wu Wenjun AI Science & Technology Award in 2020 before August 30, 2020, after which will not be accepted.
V. Contact us
Corresponding addressRoom 757, Haiwen building, No.1, Jinsong South Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing